Facebook iconLinkedin iconTwitter icon
Join the most important conversation in crypto and Web3 taking place in Austin, Texas, April 26-28.Secure Your SeatFacebook iconLinkedin iconTwitter iconJoin the most important conversation in crypto and Web3 taking place in Austin, Texas, April 26-28.Secure Your Seat
As the broad spectrum of digital assets grows, how does one categorize this sprawling and ever evolving landscape? The answer is simple. The Digital Asset Classification Standard (DACS), created by CoinDesk Indices.
DACS provides digital asset and crypto taxonomy with reliable, comprehensive and standardized industry definitions and classifications for digital assets by delivering a transparent and standardized method to determine sector and industry exposure, facilitate portfolio attribution analysis and help pinpoint investment opportunities.
Additional information can be found below or by viewing our DACS Brochure.
Scroll down for the complete DACS 500 list
Click to view the DACS Methodology
Click to view the DACS Glossary
ComputingCulture & EntertainmentCurrencyDeFiDigitizationSmart Contract PlatformStablecoinIoTOraclePrivate ComputingShared NetworkShared StorageArtMediaMetaverseBaaSPrivateTransparentAsset ManagementAtomic SwapsCredit PlatformDAODerivativesExchangesInsuranceYieldDigitizationLayer 0Layer 1Layer 2Fiat-Backed StablecoinCrypto-Backed StablecoinAlgorithmic StablecoinIoTOraclePrivate ComputingShared NetworkShared StorageArtBroadcastSocialMedia (Other)GamingVirtual WorldMetaverse PlatformBaaS (Other)PaymentsSupply Chain / CommercePrivateTransparent (Other)Transparent CeFi CurrencyTransparent DeFi CurrencyAsset ManagementAtomic SwapsCredit Platform (Other)Lending / BorrowingActive DAODAO (Other)DAO BuilderDerivativesAMMCLOBExchanges (Other)InsuranceYieldDigitizationLayer 0Layer 1RollupsSidechainsFiat-Backed StablecoinCrypto-Backed StablecoinAlgorithmic Stablecoin
DACS Sector White Papers
DeFi SectorCurrency SectorSmart Contract Platform SectorComputing SectorDigitization SectorCulture & Entertainment Sector
How does DACS help investors?
- Identifying investment opportunities across digital assets by sector and industry group
- Analyzing the impact of sector trends on a portfolio
- Evaluating sector and industry group exposures versus benchmarks
- Measuring the performance of a digital asset against its peers
- Helping portfolio managers build well-defined sector focused and sector rotation strategies
How is DACS designed?
- Seeks to classify the top 500 digital assets by market capitalization (see full methodology for eligibility criteria)
- Classification is determined by use case and technology of the digital asset categorized into a three-tiered hierarchy of Sectors, Industry Groups, and Industries
- Each digital asset is assigned to an industry, and each industry is assigned to an industry group and finally, each industry group is placed within one of seven distinct sectors: currency, smart contract platforms, decentralized finance (DeFi), culture & entertainment, computing, stablecoin, and digitization
How will DACS evolve in this ever-changing landscape?
- Market feedback is gathered through consultations with CoinDesk Indices and a DACS Advisory Council
- Assets are reconstituted on a monthly basis to ensure largest assets are captured and classified
- Material changes are announced prior to implementation
Does CoinDesk Indices offer indices covering DACS?
- The CoinDesk Market Index (CMI) Family provides benchmarks for the performance of the entire digital asset market, and is the first to help quantify contributions to returns and risk by sector
- The CoinDesk Select Sector Index Family is a suite of investable indices that follows a rules-based methodology
To view our full index and data offering visit: CoinDesk Indices Lineup Card
Trending1NegociosSam Bankman-Fried tomó dinero prestado de Alameda para comprar acciones de RobinhoodDec 27, 20222The Breakdown, With NLWThe New Crypto Policy Blueprint, With Kristin SmithDec 27, 20223CoinDesk Podcast NetworkSam Bankman-Fried Borrowed From Alameda to Buy Robinhood Shares; DeGods and Y00ts to Migrate ChainsDec 27, 20224Sponsored ContentThe Blockchain Can Get So Private It Can’t Be Audited – Until NowDec 27, 2022