Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson is relaunching his show on Twitter after the primetime host abruptly exited Fox News last month.
“Starting soon, we’ll be bringing a new version of the show we’ve been doing for the last six and a half years to Twitter,” Carlson said in a Twitter post Tuesday. “We’ll bring some other things too, which we’ll tell you about. But for now, we’re just grateful to be here.”
In the Twitter post, Carlson claimed there’s been a decline of free speech and that the media has “limits” when it comes to freely speaking on air.
“And you know if you bump up against those limits often enough, you will be fired for it,” Carlson said. “That’s not a guess; it’s guaranteed. Every person who works in English language media understands that. The rule of what you can’t say defines everything.”
Carlson, the former host of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Fox News, exited the company after Fox News settled Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit for $787.5 million.
Carlson first joined Fox News as a contributor in 2009, and in 2017, Carlson took over the network’s 8 p.m. hour after Bill O’Reilly was forced out. Carlson was one of the most-watched hosts on the cable news network, with an average audience of 3.2 million viewers.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) took to Twitter to say that she “can’t wait” for Carlson’s new show.
“The truth will be unstoppable,” Greene said.